Do I need commercial insurance for my home business?

More and more people are opting for a home business. Working for yourself opens up a world of possibilities. It also can be a good reason to take a good look at your home and auto insurance and whether they offer you the coverage you need for your business. Not all home insurance is friendly to a business you run out of your home and the most likely scenario is you would be woefully underinsured. Commercial insurance is designed to be tailored to the needs of your business and at Biddle-Shaw Insurance Services Inc. in San Francisco, CA, we have more than 80 years of experience meeting the needs of our customers. 

Commercial property insurance offers protection for the machinery that you have for your business, all your office equipment, records, raw materials, and products. Your office itself would be covered by home insurance for things like the walls and flooring etc. 

Commercial liability insurance is important if you will be having customers or clients visiting your home. If someone is injured while visiting, this insurance will protect you from a judgment against you. It also covers for damage from the information you may have given or a service or product you sell. 

Commercial auto insurance is a must if you have even one vehicle owned by your business. Keeping your business and your personal finances separate is always a good idea. 

Business interruption insurance can make the difference between keeping your business viable and having to cease business if you are forced to close because of a loss that keeps the business from operating. 

If you have one or more employees, in California you are required to provide workers’ compensation insurance for them. 

Before you open your home business talk to Biddle-Shaw Insurance Services Inc. in San Francisco, CA about the right commercial insurance for you. Give us a call to make an appointment for a free quote.