Renters insurance is the type of insurance that is designed to protect tenants that rent properties and their personal belongings. It covers unexpected events, including fire and theft, and injuries to guests and visitors. Biddle-Shaw Insurance Services Inc. serving San Francisco, CA and other surrounding towns prepared a brief guide containing the key information about renters insurance that you should know.
What Are The Types of Renters Insurance?
It is made up of three types of insurance, including the following:
- Personal property coverage. It covers personal belongings from destruction or loss.
- Additional living expenses coverage. Provide finances for renting another housing if your rented home is damaged and temporarily is not inhabitable.
- Personal liability coverage. It covers the damages caused to other people and their properties.
What Is Not Covered By Renters Insurance?
Renters insurance has its own limitations and does not cover everything. For example, it does not cover the following:
- Expensive and valuable belongings, such as jewelry, artifacts, pieces of art, etc.
- Roommates, unless they are named on the policy.
- Medical bills. It does not cover your personal medical bills, even if you injure yourself at home.
- Business inventory and equipment. If you want to run a home business, you should know that neither your business nor inventory and equipment are covered by renters insurance.
- Floods. Renters insurance covers accidental water damage but not the damage caused by heavy rain or flooding. If you want to protect your property and belongings from a flood, you should buy a separate flooding insurance policy.
Biddle-Shaw Insurance Services Inc. – An Insurance Brokerage Firm You Can Trust
If you are renting a home, you should definitely have renters insurance – it will protect you and your belongings from the unexpected. Our insurance firm serving clients in San Francisco, CA specializes in all kinds of insurance policies, including renters insurance. If you have any questions, or you want to discuss the options available, feel free to give us a call.